There is usually the explanation you get from the person who does it and the real motive behind it for any uncommon human behavior.
To understand human behavior, you need to forget about the words people say and focus on understanding how their brains work. After all, a showy person isn’t going to tell you that he married a blond to show off, but he will tell you that he fell in love with her (and he won’t be lying).
Ask any man who prefers older women why he gets attracted to them, and most probably, he will give you a reason that has nothing to do with his real motives simply because he doesn’t understand his own motives.
The second thing you need to know about human behavior is that more than one person can engage in the same behavior for different reasons. This means that two men could get attracted to older women for two completely different reasons.
Why do some men prefer older women?
Put in mind that I am not talking about a special case where a man loved a woman then discovered that she is older than him, but I am talking about men who mostly get attracted to women when they discover that they are older than them.
So why do some men prefer older women? Here are some possible explanations:
1) In need of a mother figure: Human beings use love to satisfy their most important unmet needs. If a man didn’t get enough nurturing from his mother or was absent in a way or another, he might start getting attracted to older women. Because the subconscious mind believes that an older woman can provide that man with the love he was deprived of, it will make him attracted to older women
2) Childhood & past experiences: Spoiled children and the ones who were showered with excessive care might develop the need to be taken care of, and this need might remain even when they become adults. In such a case, those men might get attracted to older women because they want someone to take care of them the same way they got used to
3) Raising their self-esteem: Older women usually have fewer choices, and as a result, they become more devoted to their men. This kind of devotion raises that man’s self-esteem since the woman he is with idolizes him and showers him with attention.
4) To feel superior: Some men seek older women to feel superior. After all, managing to attract someone from a parallel world can provide a strong Ego boost to most people. I once met a guy in his late twenties, and he was showing off about his ability to attract women in his forties. This made him feel special or superior to his peers. This feeling becomes stronger if this woman had a high status, and because many older women have good careers, their status is usually higher than the status of younger women.
5) Sexual Fantasies: Men are turned on by sexual novelty, and they usually get bored if they remained with the same partner throughout their lifetime. Men will always go after novel and new experiences if they had the chance. Being with an older woman is one of the sexual phases that many men will pass through, and as a result, they might find themselves only attracted to them.
Sexual desire and attraction to older women
There is one significant fact you should understand about sexual desire. The brain uses sexual desire to help humans satisfy their psychological needs. In other words, if a man told you that he is attracted to an older woman because of sexual desire, then know that there is another underlying reason apart from sexual attraction.
The man who says he won’t be lying because he might not be aware that sexual desire can be a tool his subconscious mind uses to help him reach a bigger goal.
People who don’t understand how others perceive physical attraction usually develop the imagined ugliness disorder.